A NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR

The next chapter of MIDTOON will be the one where Mabel has her baby (scroll down the side column for poll results).

CLICK HERE for a list of strips where Fred has appeared

Remember that in MIDTOON, the readers decide what comes next.

Follow MIDTOON on TWITTER
Like our page on FACEBOOK

Saturday, February 16, 2008

A bad experience with Network Solutions

Today I set up several things. I officially own the webpage www.Midtoon.com. Something bad happenned when I was trying to obtain the domain name. I was searching for information from various domain name providers to see wha the price was going to be. I searched the domain in Godaddy.com and 1&1.com, and the prices were very reasonable. I checked Network Solutions and it was more expensive, so I went back to purchase from GoDaddy, and something strange happened; the domain was already taken! By law, the domain name companies have to disclose who owns the site, so out of curiosity I checked, and the owner was no less than Network Solutions! They just went ahead and claimed it after I did the search. I ended up paying $35.00 for the name I wanted instead of the 9.99 for GoDaddy and the 6.99 from 1&1.com. I bought from them, but am not a very happy customer, and will not host with them, or renew my domain with them when the time comes...

Today I also set up my paypal account and my ebay account. I also set up a direct deposit account so my paypal operates on a separate card, because my regular checking account is being used by my wife for her business.

We'll see what else I can do this weekend.

NOTE: Please don't go looking at my website yet. It is still under construction and full of advertising for Network Solutions.

No comments: